Sunday, March 22, 2009

Webpage...

I've been working tirelessly on my webpage, trying to figure out exactly how often it needs to be updated and what to include. At one point I think I was over-updating, trying to include everything I could think of and everything I came across that I thought would have some relevance. Unfortunately and obviously this was just too much, so I decided on a different course of action. I decided that while it is not operational just yet i would update it as if it were. I think by doing this I can practice keeping up with what needs to be included and at the same time figure out what is useful. So far I have worked out a pretty good system of updating about twice a week and am hoping that by the time this project is due, there will be about 3 weeks of assignments and information on it.

2 comments:

  1. Eddie I think the frequency of updating a WebPage has to do with the reason of your WebPage to start with. If the webpage is a classroom website then it needs to be updated everytime there is new information for the students or parents. Such as clas notes, tests/ quizes , homework etc. That way your students can always check it and be up to date. If it is a personal web page then also as news happens , again that is what I think you might feel different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eddie,

    Thanks for the update. Your plan is an excellent one.

    From personal experience, I found that 1-2 times a week worked for me.

    I used to update the same day/night I did my lesson plans. If you complete lesson plans on your computer, you can even add your assignments as you create them.

    Good luck and let us know what happens...

    ReplyDelete