Monday, March 30, 2009

Webpage...

I have completed my web-page although I have not released the information to my students yet. I think I am going to wait until the beginning of next year before I do so. I think I am going to continue to update it and use the 4th quarter as a practice for keeping it up to date. Hopefully by next year it will be part of the routine for me and rather than a hassle, it will just be part of the class and my preparation.

As I said before I actually thought scholastic was easy to use and I like the items they suggest you use on class pages. Navigation was simple and while I do not like all of the advertisements and things that ended up on the sides of the page, the rest of the layout is good. All in all I think this is something that is definitely going to be a part of my class, I like the idea of extending the classroom to the home. We are living in a "point and click" world, web-based education is becoming the best way to reach our students.

5 comments:

  1. Eddie,

    Excellent idea, "I think I am going to continue to update it and use the 4th quarter as a practice for keeping it up to date. Hopefully by next year it will be part of the routine for me and rather be a hassle it will just be part of the class and my preparation."

    Maybe you want to ask a couple trusted friends, students, or colleagues to look at it and give you feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea! By the time next year rolls around, updating your web page won't feel like a chore anymore. It will also give you time to get a feel for what kinds of extra little announcements you might want to start including. I think I will try it too, so I get some practice for when I have a class of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eddie,I agree that using your website in full to wait for next year, but I also think you might want to give it a try run with your current students, keep it simple and get their feedback since they will be the best ones to let you know how the web page can help them and also give you some ideas to add

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the input, I think I am going to try it with one of my sections, either the smallest class or the most responsible, hard to say which that is though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you in the sense that scholastic was easy to use and pretty self explanatory. I think it's a great resource for anyone who is teaching now. I am not teaching yet, but definitely look forward to using it when my time comes.

    ReplyDelete